Saturday, July 12, 2008

Vangelis - The Dragon


Vangelis - 
The Dragon
OX/3196
1971

Ok, so I'm a HUGE Aphrodite's Child fan, especially their 666 album. I find their sound to be highly original since I really haven't found any other band that sounds like them. As you know, Vangelis was in Aphrodite's Child where he played many instruments but is best known for his keyboard work. He also arranged and composed the entire 666 album! Anyway, the only albums that I've found to sound similar to the 666 album are Vangelis' Earth and, this one here, The Dragon. The Dragon was recorded in 1971 but, as far as I can tell, has never been officially released, only as a bootleg in 1981 on the Oxford/Charly label. I found this LP at the local swap meet for a few bucks! The three, long LP tracks are all instrumental and similar in sound to the more experimental moments on the 666 album. I've also included a bonus track, Chakachak - a previously unreleased Aphrodite's Child song written by Vangelis. Enjoy!

Track List:

1.The Dragon
2. Stuffed Aubergine
3. Stuffed Tomato
bonus:
4. Chakachak (previously unreleased Aphrodite's Child track)


No comments: